I help children who struggle with:
- Tantrums and Anger Outbursts
- Physical and/or Verbal Aggression
- Sexual Abuse
- Blended Family Issues
- Family or Peer Conflicts
- Self-Esteem Issues
I help your child by:
- Providing you with a personalized Plan of Care that will inform you about your child's treatment in counseling
- creating a fun and playful therapeutic environment where your child can feel safe enough to openly express him or herself
- Teaching coping and emotional regulation skills
- Fostering social and relational skills that are used to develop and maintain positive relationships with family and friends
- Empowering your child to feel more competent, connected, and capable
I help you (the parent) by:
- Offering ongoing parent consultations during the course of your child's treatment so you can stay informed and involved
- Strengthening the parent/child relationship
- Increasing positive family communication and teaching ways to manage family/sibling conflict
- Informing you with ways to support your child at home based on what he or she is working on in counseling
- Providing you with parenting skills that reduce power struggles and gain compliance from your child
Spend more time connecting with your child and less time correcting your child. Child-Parent-Relationship Training (CPRT) is a 10-week program designed specifically for parents to strengthen parent/child relationships and reduce or eliminate problematic childhood behaviors. CPRT is available in a supportive parenting group format or on an individual basis. Learn more about which option is right for you by clicking here.
Jennifer Wisser-Stokes is a Licensed Mental Health Counselor who is passionate about working with children and their parents. She finds joy in working with young adults as they adjust and transition in life. Jennifer is committed to serving all of her clients to the highest clinical standards and provides one-on-one customized care for each child, family, and individual she works with.
When it comes to you, your child, or your family, trust your intuition. Ask questions and get the help needed. Call me today, I'm standing by to help. I answer the phone 7 days a week!