Child-Parent-Relationship Training (C-P-R-T):
A 10 Week Group or Individual Parent Program geared towards parents who's children are 3-10 years of age
- Do you feel like you have lost control of your role as a parent?
- Do you find yourself yelling more at your child than laughing with your child?
- Do you feel as if you have lost touch with your child or don’t feel as close as you’d like?
- Do you feel frustrated having to repeat yourself over and over again, with no results from your child?
- Are you tired of the power struggles?
- Do you want to equip yourself with parenting tools to optimize your child's healthy development?
If you answered YES to any of the previous questions:
Child-Parent-Relationship Training Can Help!
Learn skills that will make a difference in your life and the life of your child. This process allows me to teach you (the parent) to become your child's therapeutic change agent in order to enhance the parent/child relationship AND reduce or eliminate problematic childhood behavior.
When children have problems, sometimes they struggle to find the words to talk about them. However, play gives children a way to talk about their feelings they don't understand or can't verbalize. Research has shown that motivated parents can be trained to be as effective as play therapists using play therapy skills with their own children. Child-Parent-Relationship Training allows me to teach you those skills so your child can benefit. You can learn more about play therapy from my article here: The 3 W’s of Play Therapy: What is Play Therapy, Why it’s Helpful, and When Can my Child Benefit
In 10 Weeks, you will learn how to:
- Regain control of your role as the parent
- Help your child develop self-control and take responsibility for his/her own actions
- How to help your child open up to you
- Effectively discipline & limit inappropriate behavior
- Increase understanding of your child's thoughts, feelings, behaviors, and needs so you can respond effectively
- Communicate more effectively with your child to increase cooperation and reduce power struggles
- Help foster optimal growth, creativity, and development in your child's sense of self-esteem, worth, and confidence
In 10 weeks, you will see a noticeable difference in:
- The relationship with your child
- Your child’s behavior
- Your ability to respond effectively to your child in ways that helps to reduce problematic behavior and/or parent/child conflict
- The increased confidence in your parenting skills and ability to effectively handle difficult moments your child experiences
Child-Parent-Relationship Training is an evidenced based form of therapy and research has shown it can :
- Reduce or eliminate your child's behavioral problems
- Enhance the parent/child relationship (and even marital relationships too when parents get on the same page when it comes to parenting)
- Develop responsibility and self-control in children
- Increase you child's self-esteem and self-confidence
- Increase parents’ feelings of warmth towards their children
Child-Parent-Relationship Training (C-P-R-T) is conducted in a small group setting for 10 weeks. The duration of each session is 1.5 hours (90 minutes). The atmosphere is friendly, supportive, and accepting. The training is interactive and engaging, making it enjoyable and interesting for all.
A free 15 minute pre-screen phone consultation is required to determine appropriateness for the group. An initial intake assessment is also required before participating in the group.
Get Started Today
SPACE IS VERY LIMITED - Call Today to obtain group dates AND schedule your free 15 minute pre-screening phone consultation to learn more.
One-on-One Training Information:
Child-Parent-Relationship Training is also available on an individual bases to provide a more in-depth focus on you and your child.
Training is conducted in a one-on-one setting between the therapist and parent(s) for 10 weeks with each session being 50 minutes in length. An initial intake assessment is required prior to starting the 10 week training.
Ready to Start?
Give me a call today to start C-P-R-T right away!