Emotional Support Animal Evaluation
An Emotional Support Animal (ESA) Evaluation is completed by a licensed mental health counselor to determine if you have a mental health disability or condition AND if an ESA would be the right support for you.
ESA Evaluations Consist of:
- one in-person evaluation with a licensed mental health counselor
- a complete and accurate medical and mental health history as reported in writing
- secure and confidential online assessment(s)
- communication, either in writing or by phone, between Jennifer Wisser-Stokes (the counselor doing the ESA evaluation) and your current primary mental health care provider (a licensed individual you are actually seeing)*
- a letter of prescription required by housing agencies and airlines**
- completion of any additional paperwork or forms that may be required by housing agencies or airlines
* If you are not currently participating in counseling with a licensed professional at the time of the evaluation, you may be asked to begin or resume seeing a counselor before a letter of prescription can be provided.
** Issuing a letter of prescription is based upon outcome of the evaluation.
Considering having an ESA? Let me answer your questions or get started to today! I answer 7 days a week, so call now! 407-928-9249